Sr. Android Developer
We at DevDigital Vadodara Pvt Ltd are looking for a Sr. Android Developer position.
1. Understand the project requirements.
2. Active participation in kick-off meetings.
3. Work cross-functionally with teams across DevDigtial.
4. Collaborate with internal teams to build features to the product (project)
5. Build delightful user-facing experiences with smooth performance.
6. Architect, design, and implement new features for our Android applications.
7. Write entirely new code and maintain and update the existing code.
8. Work across UI, service layers, and backend services to create server-driven native client solutions.
9. Identify problems and drive improvements to the existing code and infrastructure.
10. Share technical practices, build development teams and improve workflow.
Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying small/medium/large-scale applications on the Android stack.
- Deep understanding of the Android framework.
- Experience developing in Kotlin and Java. (More than a year of hands-on experience in Kotlin)
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services.
- Passion for learning new things, solving challenging problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with strong teamwork ethics.
- Experienced with writing testable code and unit tests
- In-depth knowledge of data-driven application architecture and MVVM.
- Experience with Coroutines and dependency injection (e.g., Dagger 2, Koin)
- Understanding of Googles Android design principles and interfaces guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, services, multi-threading, work manager and performance tuning.
- Experience in common third-party libraries like Retrofit, Glide, Coroutines etc.
- Prior experience of Android Jetpack. i.e., Databinding, Live data, Room, Navigation etc.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
Nice to Have:
1. Attention to testing methodologies, and quality.
2. Android NDK knowledge is a plus.
3. Experience with Cross-Platform app development (Flutter/ React Native)
4. Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, dealing with different screen sizes and best practices.